Thursday, March 25, 2010

Are you depressed? Are you on the highway to hell?

Feeling blue?  Sad?  Don't want to get out of bed?








Just click the link above and this old rock band AC/DC will literally make you feel like you're on the highway to hell! And after listening to them I wonder what I was doing in the 80's and why I loved these guys???? Hmmm....that's a story for another day!

I love the commercial where tear drops fall from a computer animated face. "You know when you are not feeling like yourself," a soothing voice says. The tears continue to fall. "You may feel sad, hopeless, and lose interest in things you once loved." The background turns dark. "Now, here is something you may not know. These are some symptoms of depression. Oh really? Thanks for making me feel like shit today drug companies! I was happy and whistling dixie until you came on my TV!

I think these drug companies are selling sadness - they want you to feel sad so you'll go to your Dr and say "I'm sad give me drugs" - then the greedy big wigs make lots of cash!  They're no better than the Columbian drug lords.

3 comments:

  1. I love AC/DC!!! We have an all female AC/DC cover band here in Colorado called "Hell's Belles" and they rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that postcard. I had it on my bulletin board for about 10 years.

    I'm completely off the Trazodone, but, Oh Lord, the headaches are brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love it when the gentle voice over says "may cause liver damage". No thanks!

    ReplyDelete