Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I am sick today - I have a bad case of Blogher

So Meg and I attended Blogher 2010' in NYC this past weekend.  I took home alot of junk (water bottles, toothpaste, coffee cups, playdoh, etc etc.) and Meg and I had some EXcellent meals - we met The Zadge - who was just a blast! And Moomskers is a lovely woman - I thoroughly enjoyed my visit with her!

I met Bruce Jenner who I wished still looked like this.....

I was however ready to come home yesterday because if I heard one more woman in a restaurant discuss her children, labor or whatever I was going to SCREAM! SHUT THE F UP!  "I AM MOMMY WOMAN" "The Wheels on the bus", "Mommy of 3", "Mommy of 12", "Mommy loves her children" - MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY - do you do anything else besides be a Mommy?  WHAT'E'VAH - that's Boston lingo for Whatever - I AM MOMMY'D OUT with you folks!  I only want to associated with Mommy Wants Vodka, Mommy wants booze, Mommy is a lush and Single and Lovin' it!  That's where the real world is!

PS - Mommywantsvodka.com is real and she is very funny!  I enjoyed her discussion panel very much!

I think next year I am going to start my own Conference - I think I'll call it:  The Suburban Woman - do you think I will get any hits?  I don't have a real ranch but I like to call my home the ranch - hey it actually is come to think of it!  I don't have any horses either - but I have a dog who looks like one!  Does that count?  I only have 2 kids that get dirty - Matt tries to ride Carson my dog sometimes - but he doesn't wear cowboy boots - he wears Nikes - and Reebok or Bauer skates - minus the spurs!  I can cook too - but am not that great at photography - in fact I forgot to bring my camera to Blogher - but that's ok you can go over to www.designsbymeg.com/blog and see all the pictures there! 



4 comments:

  1. That was funny about all the mommies. Oy. I wouldn't have been able to stand it, either.

    I find it interesting, that once you're beyond those diapering years, you don't ever want to talk about it again. Never.

    I'd go for happy hour, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby Momma of Bethlehem, am I glad I found you guys to booze with instead of those Mommies!! Miss you already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been a Mommy in at least 5 years. Mommy's are REALLY into themselves these days.
    I looked at a LOT of people's BlogHer photos. Damn, I couldn't afford the wardrobe to keep up with them.

    I would fit right in at the Suburban Menopausal Woman Convention...hair in a ponytail, dressed for comfort, pass the Vodka please. If you're planning one in MA, please invite me.

    I feel a blog post coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO! You hit the nail on the head! Seriously, we should plan our own damn blogfest like Chesapeake Bay Woman does. 20 fabulous people and tons of food and booze.

    ReplyDelete