Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My furniture and random useless thoughts

What a gorgeous New England day - It looks like fall outside, it's at least 75 degrees and HUMID!  As I've said a thousand times - Ms.Bee DOES NOT LIKE the humidity!  Got it?  Good - I'll be saying it again and again as long as I live in a humid climate!

The sun has faded behind some clouds but look how pretty it is out there - this little pot of fun is set up out front near the driveway..........I love it!  Do you see the goose neck squash?  Interesting creature isn't it?  I just love all the varieties of squash and gourds out these days!  See all the leaves too?  Mr.Teenager will be helping The Man's man rake these this fall - there are lots of leaves around!



This is the maple tree in my front yard:



And these are across the street:


All just at peak colors - beautiful!

Now on to more exciting stuff!  My new furniture:




It's a welcome change from the old plaid stuff - and thank you Mom for helping us pay it off!  I think Mom was sick of me talking about it and not having it in house!  See Ms.Bee put it on layaway - because Ms.Bee learned a long time ago that if she pays for big ticket items that she doesn't need but wants - on credit cards - hmmmm - well they just don't get paid off quickly enough - interest and finance charges are evil!  So thanks for the bucks to help out Mom!

And finally - I wanted to show you my "blackboard" - because my friend The Zadge always writes these poetic sayings on her blackboard - and mine - well - it's kind of embarassing - go ahead see for yourself:


As you can see, mine is a catch all for various calendars, invites, pictures etc - it's a magnetic board as well and it serves us well - I wrote my first message in a long time because I ran out of chaulk - the kids came in from school and asked what the funny farm was!  I said "well children - it's a place where parents go to rest"!

My Dad always used to say Dropkick Murphy's was the Funny Farm!  It was a detox center -  Jackie Gleason used to go to it when he needed to dry out.  It was in the next town over from us in Acton, MA.  My Dad said he always knew when Jackie was there because he'd call a local restaurant that my Dad worked in at night and order 2 Antipasto's to be delivered!  Just a little trivia for you all!  It's where the band "The Dropkick Murphy's" took their name from - really! 

Back to the Funny Farm - enjoy your day!  Or what's left of it!

5 comments:

  1. I think the couches and chair have a neat design, something about their design seems retro but the arm design and lower pillow trim design are contemporary. They look comfy. I'll be in the market for new furniture when the house gets a few more tweaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Furniture is looking great! Am happy to have helped - Merry Christmas in October!!! Am still in summer mode and will be until the snow flies!! Is that true that the "Dropkick Murphy's" of the music venue are named after the one and same Dropkick's that was in the neighborhood? I remember it well!!! Well, not to say I was a resident, but is was memorable in the day.....Jackie was only one of the 8,000 stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your funny farm sure is decked out now! I think Jackie G. himself would feel right at home on that comfy sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks mighty comfy! I bet Matt has a place all picked out for himself at the end of the day to curl up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new furniture! I'm all about the leather. So easy to clean and dog hair wipes right off.

    ReplyDelete