Thursday, May 26, 2011

RED ALERT

Oh hey there..............been awhile since Ms.Bee posted huh?  Check this out!

I'll believe it when I feel it OK?  Because the weather here has SUCKED!  That's right I said it - SUCKED!  I think this is a cruel joke being played on me........

One more thing because I'm not in a gabbing mood at 10:15PM at night.........

If you're the praying kind, please pray for this most beautiful girl Emily, her Mom (who is pictured with her) - and her family............Emily was in a horrific bicycle accident last weekend in Michigan - she was wearing a helmet and she had a fractured skull!  Wear your helmets if you bike people!  And say an extra prayer for Emily and her family tonight!



Eileen is Emily's Mom - I grew up with Eileen and we were childhood friends.  We fought off bat colonies (really we were attacked) together - and brought a big Buick station wagon to it's knees just putting it in reverse and backing it into a tree (Eileen was at the wheel by default - she was older).  Eileen also had the Barbie camper!  Can you say jealous?   Eileen's Mom Mary, who is just a doll of a lady is my pseudo Godmother as my real Godmother passed away when I was an infant.  Mary stepped up to the plate and offered her Godmotherness to me because I was feeling sorry for myself and whining that I didn't have a Godmother! She is that kinda lady!  Here is Mary and her husband Jim - aren't they a handsome couple?



One more thing ( I promise for real) before I leave you...........Here is my most handsome son Patrick and his girlfriend Lindsey at the Prom 2 weeks ago...........they are so very cute no? :)


10 comments:

  1. Welcome back! If it makes you feel any better, we still have our heat on here in Denver! And prayers are being said here for your friend!

    P.S. TOTALLY CUTIE PROM PIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you said you weren't in a gabbing mood? Good to see you back.

    Yes, prayers. Eileen looks like someone I know. You guys killed a Buick?

    There is something about proms I really miss.

    It's perfectly 70 here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You got the heat I sent! Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be thinking good thoughts for Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bee -

    1) Patrick and his date, Lindsey, are adorable. No? YES. Adorable!! And that scene in the background is breathtaking.

    2) I thought the whole bat attack thing was an urban legend. You mean to tell me it's true??

    3) Eileen had a Barbie camper? Wow, I don't think I ever once owned anything Barbie in my life. Although, we did have a really nice playhouse, if I remember correctly, almost all the dolls were bald because my brother shaved their heads.

    4) Thanks for spreading the word about Emily. My heart sunk when I heard that she had been sent back to the hospital, and then the ICU. Hopefully, she'll soon be on the mend and her spirits will soar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jen - No urban legend - ask Eileen - we were in the basement playroom behind the bar when 2-4 bats swooped in - lots of excitement all the time! We also had one at our house on Walnut st, it cornered me in my parents bedroom - they all stood at the bottom of the stairs and yelled for me to come down - hahaha - you're on your own kid! If I recall your parents had to have someone come in and extricate them from the attic?

    Eileen did own a Barbie camper - which I was just in love with - it was all the rage in the early 70's! I do remember Wally shaved the dolls heads - I think he got in trouble too?

    My heart is just heavy about Emily - I cannot imagine what Eileen is going through. I continue to pray for her and please, please - keep me updated if you hear anything - you can always send me a quick 1 liner via email! Thank you Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was quite the neighborhood we lived in - 17 kids in 3 houses all in a row - can you imagine all the stitches and broken limbs there were?

    Pat and Lindsay look stunning - she looks like a princess - perfect prom gown!

    Glad you are spreading the new about Emily so we can all pray for her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I am jsut catching up on the Bat thing. What I remember is Janet, who was I think 6 said
    "Oh look Mom, a bird in our house". As the bat when swooping by. I called the Maynard Police for back up and they came and drew their guns---really and truly---finally the Bat settled on a drape and they took the drape down and took it outside and submerged it in a big barrel of water to drown it. The bat, quickly flew off so the drowning was aborted.
    We should write a book---I do not remember the Barbie Camper??? I know we had that big camper that we enjoyed as a playhouse for awhile.
    Your son and his date look adorable--it seems you just went to a prom??? Where does the time go?
    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember my kid's prom - fun times! That dress is gorgeous - they make a great couple! W.C.C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Avoid leaving your beach cruiser out in the rain or outside overnight if dew is a possibility for the next morning.
    bike seats

    ReplyDelete